Skip to Content

Lost Wages/Income Can Be Recovered in Car Accident Cases

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Indiana Car Accident Attorney – Warsaw Accident Attorneys – Vanderpool Law Firm

It is likely that you can recover your lost income/wages if you have suffered an injury in a car accident that keeps you from working. If the injury that resulted from the accident is the reason you are not cleared to work, this would fall into the category of damages that can be sought. Our attorneys are familiar with the type of damages that an individual can collect in an accident claim and when speaking with you can help you determine which applies in your specific case.

In order to collect lost wages it will be important to retain the documents below in order to prove the amount of wages/earnings you have lost. Some items you will need to keep a record of include:

  1. Any Doctor’s notes stating you are not cleared for work or what restrictions you have;
  2. A log of all the time you have missed work;
  3. Copies of your most recent wages/paystubs to provide to the insurance company as proof of your lost wages.

If you have sustained an injury in a car accident or trucking accident, call our office today to set up a free consultation. We do not collect an attorney’s fee unless we win compensation for you. It costs you nothing to contact our office and discuss your case with one of our attorneys. Call us today at (574) 268-9995.