- Personal Injury Attorney
- Criminal Defense
- Practice Areas
Were you involved in a Car Accident? Take the following steps to protect your legal rights:
- Stopping your vehicle-If your car is involved in an accident and you don’t stop, you may be subject to criminal prosecution. Leave your car as close as possible to the place of impact without obstructing traffic. After stopping, remain at the scene of the accident and wait for police officials to arrive.
- Calling the Police-Call the police. A police report of the accident will help your insurance claim and any liability claims.
- Exchanging information with the other driver- Exchange information with the driver of the other car. You should get the following information:
• Other drivers – name, address, phone number, driver’s license number, name of insurance company.
• Passengers – name, address, and phone number.
• Witnesses – name, address, and phone number.
• Owner (if not the driver) – name address, phone number, insurance company and policy number.
Make notes about the time of day, weather conditions, and road conditions.
- Do not admit responsibility-When you exchange information with the other driver and give facts to the police, don’t admit responsibility for the accident. Things that you say can be used against you if there is litigation.
- Seeing your doctor- Both you and your passengers should consider seeing a doctor after an accident. The doctor may recognize injuries, sometimes serious, that are not apparent to you.
- Notifying your insurance agent-Call your insurance agent as soon as possible after an accident. Your insurance company may have ground to deny coverage if you fail to give prompt notice of the accident.
- Calling your lawyer-If you have been involved in an accident, or if you have received a traffic ticket, your lawyer can advise you about your rights and responsibilities. Our lawyers can counsel you on how to respond to questions from insurance adjusters and help you recover compensation for your personal injuries and damages to your car.
Contact Vanderpool Law Firm:
The attorneys at Vanderpool Law Firm pride themselves on providing their clients with a more personal service than some of the other firms you see advertised. They will take the time to meet with you and speak with you directly to learn about your case. Once they have heard all of the facts, they can help you determine what the best way to proceed is.